Meretskii, Nikolay Evgenievich
Doctor of Legal Sciences, Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation, Head of the Department of “Criminal and Legal Disciplines” at the Far East State Transportation University.
He was born on December 12, 1952. In 1981 he graduated from the All-USSR Legal Institute, the specialty “Jurisprudence”. From 1997 to 2001 he studied at the post-graduate course at the Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the USSR. The theme of his Doctorate dissertation is “Applying of the operative and tactic combinations in detecting and investigating criminal acts”. In 2002 a doctor's degree was conferred on him. Overall length of pedagogical activities is more than 20 years.
Sphere of his academic interests covers criminalistics and criminal procedure.
He has published more than 60 research papers.
- Organizatsiya i taktika osmotra mesta proisshestviya po delam o narushenii pravil pozharnoy bezopasnosti: Uchebnoe posobie [Organization and tactics of inspecting site of occurrence in cases of offence of the rules of fire safety: Teaching Aid] Khabarovsk: Far Eastern Legal Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the RF, 1999.
- Primenenie operativno-takticheskih kombinatsii v rassledovanii prstuplenii: Monographiya [Use of operative-tactic combinations in investigation of crime: Monograph] - Khabarovsk: Far Eastern Legal Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the RF, 2000.
- Kriminalisticheskoe obespechenie naznacheniya ekspertiz: Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Criminalistic support for assigning expert examination: Teaching Aid]. - Khabarovsk, Far Eastern Legal Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the RF, 2003.
- Taktika sledstvennogo eksperimental: Lektsiya [Tactics of investigatory experiment: Lecture]. - Khabarovsk: Far Eastern Legal Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the RF, 2001.
- Criminalistika: Uchebnoe posobie [Criminalistics: Teaching Aid] Part 2: Criminalist technique. Khabarovsk: FESTU Publishers, 2005.
- Criminalistika: Uchebnoe posobie [Criminalistics: Teaching Aid] Part 2. Khabarovsk: FESTU Publishers, 2005.
- Osobennosti rassledovaniya ugolovnyh del i del ob administrativnyh pravonarushenyah, sovershaemyh pri nezakonnom peremeshchenii cherez tamozhennuyu granitsu objektov flory i fauny: Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Specific features of investigation of criminal cases and administrative offences committed when transporting flara and fauna objects across customs border: Teaching Aid] Khabarovsk: FESTU Publishers, 2007.