Koval'chuk, Mikhail Aleksandrovich
Doctor of Science (History), Associate Professor, Professor of the Department “Theory and History of State and Law” at the Far Eastern State Transportation University (FESTU), member of the Russian History and Law Society.
He was born on March 8,1953 inSolontsy of Ulchi district of the Khabarovsk Krai.
In 1975 he graduated from the Khabarovsk State Pedagogical Institute, Faculty of History and English Language; in 1984 he finished post-graduate course at the Institute of History, Archeology and Ethnography of the peoples of the Far East of the Far Eastern Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR; in 2006 he graduated from FESTU(Jurisprudence).
The theme of his Candidate dissertation is “Development of socialist competition in the transport industry of the Soviet Far East during the period of socialist construction in the USSR (1933 - June 1941); the theme of his Doctorate dissertation is “Historical experience of formation of transport industry in the Russian Far East (1870s - June 1941) (1998).
His academic interests cover history of law, history of transport and means of communication, historical portraits, and history of the villages of the Far Eastern region.
He has published more than 70 research works including monographs on the history of Russia and history of law.
- My Native village. Khabarovsk: Priamurie Geographic Society, 1994. - 168 p.
- Historical experience of formation of the transport industry of the Russian Far East (1870s – June 1941). Khabarovsk: FESTU Publishers, 2003. – 193 p.
- Land property in Russia: legal and historical aspects (the 18th century – the first half of the 19th century) . Khabarovsk : FESTU Publishers, 2004. – 176 p.
- Earthroads of the Russian Far East (middle 18th century – beginning of the 20th century) (Monograph). Khabarovsk : FESTU Publishers, 2005. – 165 p.
- State legal regulation of the railway transport of Russia (1836-1917) (Monograph). Khabarovsk : FESTU Publishers, 2007. – 98 p.
- Automobile roads of the Russian Far East (1917 – 1960). (Monograph). Khabarovsk, «RIOTIP» Publishers, 2008. – 374 p.
- Legal regulation of the entrepreneurial activities of the railways in the Russian Empire in the end of the 19th – beginning of the 20th century. Khabarovsk: FESTU Publishers, 2011. - 187 p.